How are you guys?
I am the big TWO-FIVE today.. which is super weird. People have been continuously saying “you’re such a baby still!” all week – which, don’t get me wrong, I’m very happy about – and I totally get. But DAMN 25 feels a bit older than a baby when it’s happening to YOURSELF.
I mean, shit huh?
It comes out of nowhere. One day you’re awkwardly pretending you know what you’re talking about when you taste test the wine for the waitress, the next you’re PRO-pretending you know what you’re talking about.
It’s just all fun and games, you know?
But I have to admit – I love birthdays. Like… love. Obsessed. Mine. Yours. Anyone’s. I could meet you for two seconds, hear it’s your birthday and be the happiest person alive for you. It’s YOUR DAY. So happy for you. UGH.
Turning twenty-five has thrown some thoughts around in my mind, just about life in general and where I thought I would be at this age compared to where I actually am. At 14 I thought I would be married at 24. I always said I had “a plan” and that was it. HA. HA. HA. You make plans and you hear God laughing, HUH.
The change and growth throughout the years is just remarkable to be honest. It’s funny, but also super eye opening.
I like to look back on the entire year and see where I am now and where I was then, what I thought then to what I think now, how much my hair has grown or not (lol). You know, all those fun things.
So obviously, I’m giving you guys 25 things I’ve learned in 25 years. It’s something I recommend anyone does on their birthday. Get your pens and papers out babes! Take.some.notes. FOR REAL. Recap on what you’ve learned over the years – you’ll be shocked at what you write down. It’s fun. I pinky promise.
25 things in 25 years:
1. A good hairdresser will save your life. I mean this with everything I have in me. Find one who can make you look good on your worst days and never leave her.
2. You can try out a million things to see what you like best and that doesn’t mean you’re a mess. How are you going to know if you like blogging, writing, singing, painting, anything if you don’t try it out? The world is your damn oyster girl! Try whatever you want. And failures happen – keep going.
3. Relationships change even if your heart doesn’t. And that’s ok.
4. People won’t always like you. No matter what. And that’s also ok!
5. Dogs are the best thing to come home to. Get one. Or two.
6. Brunettes have just as much fun as blondes.
7. Talk to your family even if you live far away. Make the time. Life moves quick.
8. Eat your veggies, keep your body and skin healthy, then cave on Sunday and eat the burger. Life moves quick, remember?
9. Helping others in any way possible will make you feel like a different person, in the best way.
10. Who you surround yourself with can affect your mood drastically – choose wisely!
11. Read books. They’re good for you.
12. Ed Sheeran is right, there is more to life then just fitting in your jeans. Ed is usually always right. Listen to him.
13. Sleep on it before you get mad out loud. See how you feel when you wake up.
14. Counting your blessings at night helps you wake up with a good mind set. I swear.
15. Farmers Markets are the best. If you get the chance to go, GO.
16. Never say no to traveling. You’ll get culture shocked and then realize how much more there is to this beautiful world.
17. Being alone can be the most amazing therapy (sometimes) – don’t dread it. You learn more about yourself and what you actually want in life.
18. Always wear sunscreen. Always.
19. Drink a lotttttt of water. A lot.
20. If you get the chance to move to a new city for a bit, do it. Then if you get the chance to go visit home for a bit, do it.
21. You can most likely make outfits out of your current closet situation without spending money on more clothes – basic tee’s go a long way, never forget that.
22. You’d rather your bag go over the luggage weight limit at the airport than not have that one shirt you wanted. Trust me. Bring it all. Don’t listen to those pro-packers.
23. A good espresso martini can fix most things.
24. This quote: New York City is always a good idea. They are not lying to you. It is seriously, no matter what, always a good idea to pack up and go to New York for a quick minute. Your life changes there. Your mind changes there.
25. You are not old, new beginnings are happening no matter what stage you’re at. Embrace it and take it as it is, babe. LIFE IS GOOD.
xx, love you guys