It’s feeling very fall-ish over here because I’m a psycho and decorate like a full forced obsessive weirdo. I’m VERY into aesthetics and vibes, you know? I need people to walk into my home and feel the season. Literally.
But usually in all white. White pumpkins. White candles. White throws. Soon to be white Christmas stuff EVERYWHERE.
Huge sucker for white – err, gigantic.
I’m allllll about the feel of a home when you walk into it – BUT that’s for another day! Today we are talking about IMMUNE SYSTEMS.
Yup uh-huh, because flu season is upon us peeps. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and the annoying girl talking about the flu when she doesn’t have it, but let’s be real, I’m a psycho. Remember?
There isn’t anything I love more than all-natural immune boosters. NOTHING. I love them, for real. True love. They are the real deal, because they work.
When I was in college I wasn’t that smart about what I ate and I really didn’t care. I actually didn’t eat much at all – I was a huge peanut butter and toast kind of girl. I knew nothing about food, to be honest. I hated cooking because I didn’t know how. So I just opted for the easy way out and I was ALWAYS sick.
I mean always. I had this ongoing cough for about a year. No lie. It turned into bronchitis, then strep a month later, then a cough again, then a fever, then the flu, and repeat. It was insane. And all I did to fix it was drown myself in NyQuil and Mucinex and antibiotics.
I started to research how to help myself when I couldn’t sit through a math exam one day because I kept coughing so much that I started to feel dizzy. You all know how horrible it is to be that one person coughing throughout an exam of silenced students. If you don’t know, you’re lucky.
I began studying more about my health and body than the classes I was taking.
It was a huge trial and error process, because it takes time to just reset your body and completely change your diet – but I’ve got some serious immune boosters to help you out for now.
They are things that I use or eat all the time, super convenient and easy, and they will help you rev those immune systems engines!
- PROBIOTICS : These are MAJOR. They are the first thing I take in the morning with my glass of lemon water and I highly suggest that you get your gut into gear with these bad boys. They will protect your belly and ALSO more. The good bacteria is great for your immune system! I’m taking these ones right now, and I also have moon juice powder form for my smoothies on some days.
- KOMBUCHA : Similar to the probiotics – I have one of these fermented drinks a few times a week. I love how they taste but it’s also an easy way to help your health out a little bit. Gingerade is my fav!
- GARLIC : I add it to EVERYTHING. I also pop them whole like candy (I’m a psycho, remember?) but you can incorporate them into your diet so easily and they are amazing for fighting of bacteria and boosting your immune system.
- CITRUS : Eat your oranges, babes! I am all about adding the Vitamin C to my diet in any way. Throw some clementines in your smoothie, have an orange at breakfast, eat a grapefruit. Huge fan of Vitamin C, and it’s great for your skin! You can also take the vitamin if you aren’t a huge citrus eater.
- TEA : I drink green tea every single day. I even keep green tea bags (blueberry is a fav) just to throw in my water bottles. The antioxidants are obviously super beneficial and it is such an easy way to boost the immune system. Yogi tea also has an immune support tea, so that’s that.
- VITAMINS : I don’t know about you, but I’m all about taking my daily vitamins. I leave them in a cabinet I go into daily so I don’t forget to take them! (Find some here.)
- EAT YOUR VEGGIES : ALL.THE.TIME. Get those greens in there. When I started to eliminate things from my diet like dairy and a ton of carbs, I instantly felt better. But it also helps to boost your immune system – raw veggies are the best.
Those are my top, super easy, things you can incorporate daily, ways to boost your immune system. It’s not like a magic button and you’ll never be sick, but the difference in health with what you take in is HUGE. Take it from someone who did it.
HAPPY IMMUNE BOOSTING, babes!