In a few weeks I’m heading to NYC – one of my favorite spots ever. I went to school there so I try to go back once or twice a year with nothing really planned, just dinners and whatever, but really just to walk around and chill out.
Chill out in NYC… I know. Sounds weird.
You know what I mean.
Anyway, BA and I are going for my 25th birthday, which is also soon? SO.WEIRD.
I love visiting New York in September because I’m obsessed with the weather then. It’s absolutely perfect (if it isn’t down pouring) to walk around and still get drinks outside (can you say muh-moh-sa YUP) without sweating your ass off. Honestly. Summer in NYC is a bitttt hot.
Ok blah blah blah now that you know my life story..
I put together a quick plan for my weekend in NYC and wanted to share it with you guys since it’s super easy because that city can be super overwhelming.
Make a list. Mine looks like this:
– arrive at night, grab a quick drink and some apps around hotel.
– bed, duh.
– morning – plan where you want to go, how long it will take, what sites you want to see, etc. that can fit in the morning with a quick coffee, or sit down and eat breakfast then go. or sleep in until brunch. do you. we personally like to get up and grab a coffee then walk around for a little bit until brunch.
– brunch/lunch – pick if you want to do brunch or lunch. i mean, you can do both but you might be in a food coma for three weeks. if you are planning on doing dinner, pick one of these. i usually do brunch so i can walk around for the day and then grab a quick snack if needed before dinner. plus some have bottomless mimosas. so yeah. pick a place you want to see things around after, a place where you can walk and explore!
– afternoon – walk walk walk, get those steps in, see those sites, buy those clothes!
– dinner – plan on a later dinner, it makes for better vibes. we usually do around 8. you can rest up before if needed, which helps! pick a place with a good location – that is always key for me. i think vibe has a lot to do with where you are located, and we always want to go grab some drinks after so being close to fun spots is the best.
– drinks – THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER.
– morning: quick breakfast with a coffee. we usually grab a cafe near us, since they’re are a million. they mostly all have any type of breakfast snack or sandwiches you are looking for. make it easy for travel day.
– check-out and head-out
Saturday is jam packed because are literally there from late Friday night until Sunday morning. It sounds quick (which it is) but it seems longer when you are there, trust me. It’s fun – don’t stress. Quick weekend trips there are actually my favorite, they keep you on your toes!
Favorite hotel: ace hotel. I’m going to be honest – I’m not that knowledgable on NYC hotels. I lived there, then I ended up staying with friends a lot of the times I would visit. But, my all time favorite hotel is Ace, for sure. It’s STUNNING. Go in and grab a coffee and check out the photo booth even if you don’t stay there.
The list for dinner could go on for days, but those are some favs. Let me know if any recommendations!!!